Lewis’ Topographical Dictionary, Co. Cork

Lewis’ Topographical Dictionary comprises of several counties, cities, boroughs, parish and villages – with historical and statistical descriptions – of Ireland. Here are From-Ireland.net’s records for Co. Cork.

  • Place
    Crogone
  • County
    Cork
  • Parish
  • Content
    CROGRONE, formerly a parish, in the Eastern Division of the barony of EAST CARBERY, county of CORK, and province of MUNSTER, 6 miles (W. S. W.) from Kinsale; containing 63 inhabitants.

    This parish, situated in the midst of a fertile tract of country, has merged into the several parishes of Kilbritain, Ringrone, and Templetrine, by which it is surrounded. In 1498 it was given by De Courcy to the abbey of Timoleague, from which the cure was served till the Reformation, since which period it has invariably been regarded as part of the several parishes above named: the ruins of the ancient church yet exist.
Link to this post:

<a href="http://www.from-ireland.net/lewis-topographical-dictionary/cork/">Lewis’ Topographical Dictionary, Co. Cork</a>