Tag Archives: Church of Holy Rosary

Midleton’s Church of the Holy Rosary, Co. Cork

Church of the Holy Rosary, Roman Catholic Church,
Midleton,
Co. Cork.
Ireland.

Lewis Topographical Dictionary, (1837) tells us “MIDLETON, an incorporated market and post-town, and a parish, in the barony of IMOKILLY, county of CORK, and province of MUNSTER, 13 miles (E.) from Cork, and 137 ½ (S. W.) from Dublin; containing 6599 inhabitants, of which number, 2034 are in the town.”

Also, “In the Roman Catholic divisions the parish is the head of a union or district, comprising also the parishes of Ballyspillane, Inchynebacky, Mogeeshy, and Ballyouteragh; the chapel, near the eastern extremity of the town, is a spacious edifice, and there is also a chapel at Ballintoretis.”

These photographs were taken July 2014. The Church in these photographs was built in 1896.