Church of Ireland,
Lewis Topographical Dictionary (1837) tells us “BOURNEY, or BOURCHIN, a parish, in the barony of IKERRIN, county of TIPPERARY, and province of MUNSTER, 4 ½ miles (S. E.) from Roscrea; containing 4061 inhabitants This parish is situated between the mail coach road from Dublin to Limerick, and the public road from Roscrea to Templemore; and comprises more than 9700 statute acres. “
Also “The church is a plain building, for the repairs of which the Ecclesiastical Commissioners have recently granted £246. 8. 9.”
These photographs were taken in May 2013.