Lewis’ Topographical Dictionary comprises of several cities, boroughs, parish and villages – with historical and statistical descriptions – of Ireland. Here are From-Ireland.net’s records for Co. Antrim.
ContentBALLYEASTON, a district parish, in the barony of UPPER ANTRIM, county of ANTRIM, and province of ULSTER, on the road from Ballyclare to Larne; containing with the post town of Ballyclare and the grange of Doagh, 5892 in habitants.
It consists of the ancient parishes of Ballycor and Rashee, comprising according to the Ordnance Survey, 13,790.50 statute acres; about one-half of which are arable. The village which is 1.50 Irish miles (N.) from Ballyclare, is situated at the junction of several roads, near the Six-Mile-water, and in 1831 contained 61 houses.
The living is a perpetual curacy, in the diocese of Connor, and in the patronage of the Prebendary of Carncastle: the income of the curate is £103 1s. 6.50 d., per annum, of which £69 4s. 7.50 d., arises from the tithes, £13 6s. 11d., is added by the prebendary, and £20 from Primate Boulter's fund. The church was erected in 1786. There is neither glebe-house nor glebe.
In the R.C. divisions it forms part of the union or district of Carrickfergus and Larne.
There are four places of worship for Presbyterians; one in connection with the Synod of Ulster, of the first class; one with the Presbytery of Antrim, of the second class; one with the Seceding Synod, also of the second class; and one for Covenanters, which is open every alternate Sunday.
There are four schools, in which are about 140 boys and 90 girls; also nine pay schools, in which are about 160 boys and 110 girls.