Lewis’ Topographical Dictionary comprises of several counties, cities, boroughs, parish and villages – with historical and statistical descriptions – of Ireland. Here are From-Ireland.net’s records for Co. Galway.
ContentBULLANE, a parish in the barony of ATHENRY, county of GALWAY, and province of CONNAUGHT, 4.50 miles (N.) from Loughrea; containing 551 in habitants.
The parish is situated on the road from Loughrea to Castle-Blakeney, and comprises 1283 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act.
It is a rectory and vicarage in the diocese of Clonfert, partly appropriate to the prebend of Annacalla, partly to the sacristy of the cathedral of Clonfert and partly included in the union of Kilcolgan, in the diocese of Kilmacduagh. The tithes amount to £46, of which £23 is payable to the prebendary of Annacala, £12 to the sacristan, and £11 to the incumbent of Kilcolgan.
In the Roman Catholic divisions it is part of the union or district of New Inn (Killane civil parish), and contains a chapel.