Lewis’ Topographical Dictionary comprises of several counties, cities, boroughs, parish and villages – with historical and statistical descriptions – of Ireland. Here are From-Ireland.net’s records for Co. Kerry.
ContentKILCARRAGH, a parish, in the irony of CLANMAURICE, county of KERRY, and province of MUNSTER, 5 miles (S. W.) from Listowel, on the rivers Brick and Feale ; containing 1109 inhabitants.
It comprises 2912 statute access as applotted under the tithe act, of which 1280.50 consist of good arable land, 891.50 of coarse pasture, and 740 of bog. Limestone abounds and in some places approaches to marble ; it is generally burnt for manure, for which purpose sea sand brought from Cashen ferry is also used ; the state of agriculture is gradually improving.
The living is a rectory and vicarage, in the diocese of Ardfert and Aghadoe, and in the patronage of R. Dickson, Esq. ; it is held by faculty with, the vicarage of Duagh. The tithes amount to £96. 18s. 5.50d., and there is a glebe of 12.50 acres, subject to a rent of about one guinea per acre.
In the Roman Catholic divisions this parish forms part of the union or district of Lixnaw.