Lewis’ Topographical Dictionary comprises of several counties, cities, boroughs, parish and villages – with historical and statistical descriptions – of Ireland. Here are From-Ireland.net’s records for Co. Kilkenny.
Content(Note: Clontubbrid is listed as a townland and not a parish in the 1851 Townlands directory)
CLONTUBRID, a parish in the barony of CRANAGH, county of KILKENNY, and province of LEINSTER, 1.50 mile (N. W.) from Freshford, on the road to Durrow ; containing 157 inhabitants.
It is a vicarage, in the diocese of Ossory, and is part of the union of Freshford; the rectory is appropriate to the economy estate of the cathedral of St. Canice, Kilkenny. The tithes are included with those of Balleen.
In the Roman Catholic divisions it forms part of the union or district of Lisdowney, and has a small chapel.
Here is a singular cell, supposed to have been a hermitage, built over a spring called Tubbrid na Draoith, or "the druids well :'' it measures seven feet by two feet six inches, and is raised a little above the ground and entered by a pointed arch.