Lewis’ Topographical Dictionary comprises of several counties, cities, boroughs, parish and villages – with historical and statistical descriptions – of Ireland. Here are From-Ireland.net’s records for Co. Kilkenny.
ContentENNISNAG, a parish, in the barony of SHILLELOGHER, county of KILKENNY, and province of LEINSTER, 5.50 miles (S.) from Kilkenny city, on the Kings river, and on the road from Kilkenny to Waterford ; containing 550 inhabitants.
It comprises 1200 statute acres, of which 10 are woodland, 950 arable, 200 pasture, and about 40 waste. There are two flour-mills.
The living is a rectory and vicarage, in the diocese of Ossory, and the corps of the treasurership of the cathedral of St. Canice, Kilkenny and, in the patronage of the Bishop: the tithes amount to £169. The glebe-house was built by aid of a gift of £400 and a loan of £400 from the late Board of First Fruits, in 1821 ; the glebe comprises 18 acres. The Church, a neat modern structure, was erected by aid of a gift of £900 from the same Board, in 1515, and the Ecclesiastical Commissioners have recently granted £124 for its repair.
In the Roman Catholic divisions the parish forms part of the union or district of Danesfort.