Lewis’ Topographical Dictionary comprises of several counties, cities, boroughs, parish and villages – with historical and statistical descriptions – of Ireland. Here are From-Ireland.net’s records for Co. Limerick.
ContentCLOUNCREW or CLUINCINNO, a parish in the barony of UPPER CONNELLO EAST, county of LIMERICK, and province of MUNSTER, 3 miles (N.E.) from Drumcolloher, on the road to Ballyegran; containing 270 inhabitants.
It comprises 1663 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act, part of which is under tillage, producing good crops, and the remainder pasture and meadow.
The living is a rectory, in the diocese of Limerick, and is held in commendam by the bishop; the tithes amount to £72. There is neither church, chapel, glebe-house nor glebe. The Protestant parishioners attend the parish church of Kilmeedy.
In the Roman Catholic divisions it is united to Drumcolloher.
On the bank of the river are some remains of the old church, which was destroyed in the war of 1641.