Lewis’ Topographical Dictionary comprises of several cities, boroughs, parish and villages – with historical and statistical descriptions – of Ireland. Here are From-Ireland.net’s records for Co. Meath.
ContentBALLYMAGLASSON, a parish in the barony of RATOATH, county of MEATH, and province of LEINSTER, 4 miles (S. by W.) from Dunshaughlin; containing 613 inhabitants.
This parish which is situated on the road from Dublin to Summerhill, comprises 3381 statute acres as applotted under the tithe act.
Prior to the year 1824 it formed part of the union of Kilmore : the living is a rectory in the diocese of Meath and in the patronage of the Crown; the tithes amount to £193 16s. 10.75 d. The church a neat edifice as a considerable distance from the high road was built by aid of a gift of £600 from the late Board of First Fruits, in 1800.
In the Roman Catholic divisions, it forms part of the union or district of Batterstown, in the parish of Rathregan.(see Kilcloan)
Ballymaglasson House is the property and occasional residence of W. Murphy, Esq.