Lewis’ Topographical Dictionary comprises of several cities, boroughs, parish and villages – with historical and statistical descriptions – of Ireland. Here are From-Ireland.net’s records for Co. Meath.
ContentKILLALLON, a parish, in the barony of DEMIFORE, county of MEATH, and province of LEINSTER, 2 miles (S. S. W.) from Crossakeel, on the road from Oldcastle to Athboy; containing 1835 inhabitants.
It comprises 7336 statute acres, as applotted under the tithes act, about two-thirds of which are in tillage; the land is light, but all of it can be cultivated.
Lakefield is the seat of J. Battersby, Esq.
The living is a rectory, in the diocese of Meath, united in 1782 to the vicarage of Killua, and in the patronage of the Bishop and the Marquess of Drogheda: the tithes of Killallon amount to £323. 1s. 6.50d., and of the whole benefice to £368. 1s. 6.25d. The church of the union is at Clonmellon, in Killua; it was built about fifty years since, towards which the late Sir B. Chapman, Bart, contributed largely. The glebe-house is in this parish, and was built in 1812, by aid of a gift of £100 and a loan of £750 from the late Board of First Fruits. The glebe comprises 36 acres, valued at £54 per annum, but subject to a rent of £11, payable to the Earl of Fingall.
In the Roman Catholic divisions the parish forms part of the union or district of Clonmellon, and has a plain chapel.
About 100 children are educated in a private school.