Lewis’ Topographical Dictionary comprises of several counties, cities, boroughs, parish and villages – with historical and statistical descriptions – of Ireland. Here are From-Ireland.net’s records for Co. Wicklow.
ContentENORELY, or ENERILEY, a parish, in the barony of ARKLOW, county of WICKLOW, and province of LEINSTER, on the road from Arklow to Wicklow town, and on the eastern coast, opposite the Arklow sand-bank, 4 miles (N. by E.) from Arklow; containing 874 inhabitants, and comprising 4574 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act, with a considerable tract of sandy coast,
The gentlemen's seats are Buckroney House, the residence of M. McDonald, Esq, ; Kilpatrick, of J, Byrne, Esq, ; and Ballyrogan, of E. Byrne, Esq.
It is a rectory, in the diocese of Dublin and Glendalough, separated from Arklow, by act of council in 1833, and now forming part of the union of Kilbride : the tithes amount to £110. A small part of the parish is included within the perpetual curacy of Redcross.
In the Roman Catholic divisions it is part of the union or district of Newbridge and Baronisky.
On the grounds of Kilpatrick are two raths or moat. The church is in ruins.