The Archaeological and Historical Society, Co. Waterford

Tell your friends about From-Ireland.net!
Email this to someoneShare on Facebook0Tweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+0Share on Tumblr0Pin on Pinterest0

JWAHS I (1894-5)

CONTENTS:

ARTICLES AND EDITED DOCUMENTS:

Power, P., Rev.:- “Ancient Ruined Churches of Co. Waterford”, pp.133-141,162-172, 247-253.

Ussher, R. J.:- “Ardmore Crannoge”, pp.198-201.

Anon.:- “Association for Preservation of Memorials of Dead”, pp.83-84.

O’Brien, F., Very Rev.:- “Birthplace of St. Deglan”, pp.39-44.

Grattan Flood, W. H.: “Bishopric of Lismore”, pp.221-224.

Hurley, M.:- “Charles Smith, County Historian”,pp. 44-47.

Drew, Thomas:- “Danish Christchurches of Dublin and Waterford”, pp.194-197.

Power, P., Rev.:- “Dunbrody Abbey”, pp. 67-82.

Burke, W. P., Rev.:- “Geoffrey Keating”, pp.173-182.

Power, P., Rev.:- “Holy Ghost Friary”, pp.202-220.

Anon.: “Inquisition of 1661 regarding Leper House of Waterford”, pp.115-118.

Burke, W. P., Rev.: “Irish Music”, pp.101-114.

Burke, W. P., Rev.: “Local Church Architecture (12th to 15th century)”, pp.265-267.

Sargent, W. A.: “Municipal Records of Waterford”, pp.240-246.

O’C. Redmond, G.: “Notes on History, &c., of Western end of Co. Waterford”, pp.119-132, 147-161, 254-264.

Burke, W. P., Rev.: “Our Lady of Ynislounaght”,pp.85-93.

Bigger, F. J.: “Wexford in ’98”, pp.268-278.

CORRESPONDANCE:-

B., W. P.: “Geoffrey Keating.”, (corrections for article p.173),p 238

LECTURES:-

Sheehan, Most Rev. Dr.: Inaugural Address, p.9

Atkins, Ringrose: “Old Waterford”, pp.49-66.

LIST OF MEMBERS:

No. 1, iii; No. 2, iii; No. 3, iii; No. 4, iii ; No. 5, iii; No. 6, iii

NOTES AND QUERIES:

P.: Archaeological, &c., Miscellania, pp. 279, 183, 225

C., J. M.: “Archbishop Miler McGrath’s Papers”, p.95

Sargent, W. A.: “British Lake Village”, p.286

Hurley, M. J.: “Bull Baiting in Ballybricken”, p.96

P.: “Burial Place of Archbishop Brennan”, p.230

Power, P., Rev.: “Cantred of Danes”, p.94

P.: “Cave Hunting”, p.192

P.: “Commerce in Clonmel 200 Years Ago”, p.95

Grove White, J.: “Co. Waterford Yeomanry”, p.94

Fleming, John: “Derivation of Port Lairge”, p.146

P.: “Diocese of Waterford in 1615”, p.144

P.: “Discovery of Bee Hive Chambers”, p.230

Carrigan, W., Rev.: “Dr. Creagh, Bishop of Waterford”, p.142

H., M. P.: “Edward Mandeville”, p.48

De La P., E.: “English Meaning of Garranitunny, &c”. p.48

Fleming, John: “Gurteenitunny and Garranitunny”, p.285

P.: “Inscribed Stone near Knocktopher”, p.232

Bolton, C. P.: “Ireton In Waterford; Lady Newport, &c”., p.192

P.: “Irish Folk Music”, p.185

Guillim: “James White, of Dromana”, p.97

Hurley, M. J.: “Jane Porter, author of “Scottish Chiefs,”” p.97

P.: “Lady Veagh”, p.189

P.: “Local Collections of Historical MSS”., p.232

P.: “Michael Dwyer’s Grave”, p.145

H., M. J.: “Napoleon’s Charger, “Marengo.””, p.189

Hurley, M. J.: “New Geneva”, p.48

Editor: “Ogham at Kilmolash”, p.236

Fleming, John: “Place Names in Waterford”, p.233

P.: “Prehistoric Burial Chamber”,p.188

P.: “Rev. Dr. Hogan, O.S.F.”, p.188

P.: “Rev. Francis Hearn”,p. 236

P.: “Stone Mould for Bronze Axes”, p.284

Power, P., Rev.: “Subterranean Passages”, p.95

Allingham, H.: “Tomb of One of the Four Masters”, p.97

P.: “Thomas O’Hickey, Irish Scribe”, p.186

Hurley, M. J.: “Waterford Book Plates”, p.48

Bonaparte Wyse, W. C.: “Waterford Sonnets”, p.191

Anon.: “West Window of Old Christ Church Cathedral”, p.287

JWAHS VOL. II (1896)

CONTENTS:

ARTICLES AND EDITED DOCUMENTS:

Power, P., Rev.: “Ancient Ruined Churches of Co. Waterford”, pp. 2-15, 195-208.

Healy, W.: “Battle of Ballaghmoon”, pp.162-170.

Buckley, James: “Early Printing in Waterford”, pp.209-211.

Buckley, Michael C.: “Kilmolash Church, near Cappoquin, Co. Waterford”, pp.212-220.

Long, R. H., Rev.: “King Cormac McCarthy and his Chapel at Cashel”, pp.221- 227.

Burke, W. P., Rev.: “Local Church Architecture from the Twelfth to the Fifteenth Century”, pp.23-32.

Power, P., Rev.: “Ogham Inscribed Pillar Stone Recently Discovered”, pp.170-175.

Sargent, W. A.: “Old Records of the Corporation of Waterford”, pp.33-36.

Power, P., Rev.: “Priory, Church and Hospital of St. John the Evangelist, Waterford”, pp.81-97.

Bayly, William. J.: “Roberts Family of Waterford”,pp. 98-103.

Lonergan, P., Rev.: “St. Patrick in Munster”,pp. 37-44, 104-111.

Barry, E., Rev.: “Three Ogham Stones near Kilmacthomas”, pp.228-233.

Bigger, F. J.: “Wexford in ’98”, edited, pp.16-22

LECTURES:-

Atkins, Ringrose: “Rude Stone Monuments of our Own and Other Lands”, pp.60-80, 131-161.

LIST OF MEMBERS: No. 8, iii. No. 9, iii. No. 10, iii

LIST OF OFFICERS: No. 7, iii

NOTES AND QUERIES:-

P.: “Archaeological, &c., Miscellania”, p.45, 112, 176,

Grattan Flood, W. H.: “Church and Castle of Kilbehenny”, p.244

P.: “Comeragh Ancient Smelting Works”, p.129

Norris-Cane, J. B.: “Destruction of Antiquarian Objects”, p.122

B., W. P.: “Dunbrody Architecture”, p.125

P.: “Dunbrody Repairs”, p.123

Higgins, P.: “Liber Antiquissimus Civitatis, Waterford, 1661”, p.191

Fleming, John: “Moethail Brogain”, p.192

P.: “O’Neill Tomb in “French Church.””, pp.56-57.

Grattan Flood, W. H.: “Reiske Church”, p.247

Drew, Thomas: “Roberts Family – Thomas Sautell Roberts, R.H.A.”, p.190

P.: “Statue of St, Murena”, p.58

Grattan Flood, W. H.: “Templetenny Church”, p.247

M. M.: “Was, Anna Boleyn born in the Castle of Carrick-on-Suir?”, p.241

Hurley, M.J.: “Was, Anna Boleyn born in the Castle of Carrick-on-Suir?”, p.244

Wheeler Cuffe, O.: “Waterford Militia”, p.249

Bonaparte Wyse, W. C.: “Waterford Sonnets, II.”, p.129

Bonaparte Wyse, W. C.: “Waterford Sonnets, III., The Chase of Perkin Warbeck”, p.191

OBITUARY: p.1

JWAHS VOL. III (1897)

CONTENTS:

ARTICLES AND EDITED DOCUMENTS:

Power, P., Rev.: “Ancient Ruined Churches of Co. Waterford”, pp.3-12, 72-78, 216-227.

Hurley, M. J.: “An Old Waterford Almanack”, pp.169-172.

Buckley, M. J. C.: “Antique Vestments of Waterford Cathedral”, pp.41-43.

Coleman, J.: “Archaeological and Literary Miscellany”, pp.176-179.

Cuffe, Otway W.: “Archaeological notes”, pp.107-110.

Anon.: “Archaeological Sea Trip, (Aran Islands)”, pp.135-148.

Long, R. H., Rev.: “Archbishop Marian O’Brien of Cashel”, pp. 25-28.

Long, R. H., Rev.: “Archbishops of Cashel, 1525-1622”, pp.228-236.

Ffrench, J. F. M., Rev.: “Arms of Ireland, The”, pp.13-24.

Coleman, James: “A South Eastern County Archaeologist – John Davis White, of Cashel”, pp. 29-33.

Buckley, James (Ed.): “Brief relation of the late passages that happened at His Majesties Fort at Duncannon.”, pp.161-168.

Hickson, M. A.: “Danish Names in Waterford and Cork”, pp.44-45.

Flood, W. H. G. : “Derrinlaur Castle, Co. Waterford”, pp.234-236.

Flood, W. H. G. : “Dr. Sylvester Lloyd”, 231-234.

Long, R. H., Rev.: “Earliest Monuments in Cashel and Emly”, pp.92-94.

Hogan, E., Rev.: “Worthies of Waterford and Tipperary: Father Peter Wadding”, pp.183-201.

O’C. Redmond, G.: “History and Topography of the Parish of Hook, Co. Wexford”, pp.202-215

Hogan, Edmund, Rev.: “Worthies of Waterford and Tipperary:- Life of Fr. Stephen White, S.J.,Theologian and Polyhistor.”, pp.55-71, 119-134.

Flood, W. H. G. : “Lismore in the Sixth century,” pp.152-159.

Long, R. H., Rev.: “Monuments in Cashel and Emly”, pp.149-151.

Flood, W. H. G. : “Pre-Patrician Lismore”, pp.79-91.

Flood & Carrigan: “Two last Century Bishops of Waterford-:”

Flood, W. H. G. : (i) “Dr. Richard Pierce”,pp. 34-37.

Carrigan, W., Rev.: (ii) “Dr. Sylvester Lloyd”, pp.38-40.

Buckley, James: “Waterford, an Account of the taking of, in 1642”, pp.95-99.

Healy, W.: “White Lady of Besshorough Legend of”., pp.100-106.

LIST OF MEMBERS:- No. 11, iii; No. 12, iii; No. 13, iii; No. 14, iii.

LIST OF OFFICERS:- No. 11, iii; No. 12, iii; No. 13, iii; No. 14, iii.

NOTES AND QUERIES:-

Flood, W. H. G.: “Anne Boleyn, Birthplace of”., p.50

Coleman, J.: Archaeological and Literary Miscellany, pp.111, 237

Flood, W. H. G.: “Bishop Pierce”, p.180

Flood, W. H. G.: “Carrig-on-Bannow”, 48

Power, P., Rev.: “Cross inscribed Pillar Stone at Mothel”, 117

Power, P., Rev.: “Cup and Circle in inscribed Stone at Mothel”, p.117

Power, P., Rev.: “Curious inscribed Stone at Tybroghney”, p.47

A.: “Faithlegg”, p.116

Hurley, M. J.: “Some Local Poets and their Books”, pp.52-54

JWAHS VOL. IV (1898)

CONTENTS:

ARTICLES AND EDITED DOCUMENTS:

Power, P., Rev.: “Ancient Ruined Churches of Co. Waterford”, pp.83-95, 195-219.

Higgins, Patrick: “Ancient and industrious Waterford Families – The Dobbyns and Waddings”, pp.247-250.

O’C. Redmond, Gabriel: “Dr. French, Bishop of Ferns”, pp.238-244.

Buckley, M. J. C.: “Ecclesiological Gleanings and Jottings”, pp.105-109, 142-146.

Editorial Note, 66

Power, P., Rev.: “Excursion Guides – I. Jerpoint, &c., II. Ardmore”, pp.147-163.

O’C. Redmond, G.: “History and Topography of the Parish of Hook, Co. Wexford”, pp.2-35, 96-104, 164-185, 220-227.

Healy, W.: “In Search of Antiquities”, pp.129-141.

Hogan, E., Rev.: “Irish College of Lisbon”, pp.14-15.

Healy, W.: “Last Baron of Cluan”, pp.36-46.

Grattan Flood, William H.:”Lismore, St. Carthage of”, pp.228-237.

De La Poer, Count: “Manor of Kilsheelan”, pp.116-119.

Power, P., Rev.: “On a Find of Bronze Implements in County Waterford”, pp.47-53.

Buckley, James: “Siege of Ardmore, 1642”, pp.54-59.

Long, R. H., Rev.: “The Last of the Purcells of Loughmoe”, pp.110-115.

B., E.: “Travelling in Ireland in 1800”, pp.120-122.

Ffrench, J. F. M., Rev.: “The Westmeath Chalice. (Description)”, pp.245-246.

Ffrench, J. F. M., Rev.: “Where was the Church of St. Saviour of Rendenan situated?”, pp.16-20.

LIST OF MEMBERS: – No. 15, iii; No. 16, iii; No. 17, iii; No. 18, iii.

LIST OF OFFICERS:- No. 15, iii; No. 16, iii; No. 17, iii; No. 18, iii.

NOTES AND QUERIES:-

Coleman, J.: “Archaeological and Literary Miscellany”, pp.60, 123, 192, 251

Coleman, J.: “Ardmore Castle and Minehead, Co. Waterford”, p.254

De La Poer, E. : “Derinlaur-Tickencor”, pp.64-65.

McC. Dix, E. R.: “Early Waterford Printing”, p.258

Coleman, J.: “Early Printing in Waterford, Kilkenny &c.”, p.186

O’C. Redmond, G.: “Mr. Whitty of Ballyteague, Co. Wexford, kidnapped by the Spaniards, 1594”, pp.127-128.

JWAHS VOL. V (1899)

CONTENTS:

ARTICLES AND EDITED DOCUMENTS:

Anon.: “Account of the Tomb Slab erected by Christopher Sherlock”, pp.196-198.

Higgins, P. A.: “Ancient and Illustrious Waterford Families.-The Wyses of the Manor of St. John’s”, pp.199-206.

Higgins, P. A.: “Ancient Guilds or Fraternities of the City of Waterford, A.D. 1663”, pp.160-166.

Mockler, T. Rev.: “Ancient Writings of lreland”, pp.38-43.

Power, P., Rev.: “Another Ogham Discovery”, pp.146-156.

Healy, W.: “Barons of Cluan”, pp.167-171.

Buckley, M. J. C.: “Ecclesiological Notes and Gleanings”, pp.44-48.

Buckley, M. J. C.: “Early Irish University and Palaces”, pp.108-117.

Coleman, J.: “Waterford, Kilkenny and south eastern Counties: Early Printed Books”, pp.172-175.

Bigger, Francis Joseph: “Fethard Cavalry, Co. Wexford”, pp.91-92.

De La Poer E., Count: “Fitz-Eustace of Baltinglass”, pp.190-195.

Hogan, E., Rev.: “Francis O’Hearn of Lismore Diocese”, p.53

Hogan, E., Rev.: “Gaelic Names of Plants”, pp.21-25.

O’C. Redmond, G.: “History and Topography of the Parish of Hook”, pp.93-107, 226-242.

Grattan Flood, William H.: “Lismore in the 13th Century”, pp.207-221.

Grattan Flood, William H.: “Lismore under the Early Anglo-Norman Regime”, pp.131-145.

De La Poer E., Count: “Manor of Kilsheelan”, pp.36-37, 90

De La Poer E.: “On Coats of Arms and Crests”, pp.89-90.

Grattan Flood, William H.: “Pre-Norman Lismore”,pp.78-88.

Report from J. T. Gilbert on the Records of the Corporation of Waterford, pp.55-59.

Reviews. By the Hon. Editor, pp.118, 167

Higgins, P. A.: “Some Bequests of the City of Waterford”, pp.74-77

Ffrench, J. F. M., Canon: “Southern Forts in 1624”, pp.151-153.

Buckley, J.: “Tracts Illustrative of the Civil War in Ireland, 1641, etc.”, pp.67-73, 154-159, 183-189.

Grattan Flood, W. H.: “University of Lismore”, pp.3-35

Hurley, M. J.: “Waterford Leper House”, pp.22-25.

LIST OF MEMBERS:- No. 19, iii; No. 20, iii; NO. 21. iii; NO. 22, iii.

LIST OF OFFICERS:- No. 19, iii; No. 20, iii; No. 21, iii; No. 22, iii

NOTES AND QUERIES:-

Coleman, J.: “Aglish, Co. Waterford”,p. 64

Coleman, J.: “Archeological and Literary Miscellany”, pp.126,180,243-245

M., J.: “Discoveries and Finds”, p.245

McCarte, J.: “Execution of Father Redmond on Gorey Hill”, p.178

McCarte, J.: “Hunter Gowan v. Father Redmond”, p.178

Anon.: “Important Archaeological Discoveries at Rome, and in Babylonia”, pp.64-66.

Grattan Flood, W. H.: “Naval Affray between the Citizens of Waterford and Ross in 1518.- Capture by the Waterfordians of the Ross Corporate Mace”, pp.124-125.

Anon.: “Waterford Corporation Records”, pp.179-180.

Coleman, J.: “Waterford Kilkenny and South-Eastern Counties Printed Books, etc”., pp.60-64.

JWAHS VOL. VI (1900)

CONTENTS:

Grattan Flood, W. H.: “Lismore in the 13th Century”, p.3

Anon.: “The City of Waterford in the 17th Century”, p.18

O’C. Redmond, G.: “History and Topography of the Parish of Hook, Co. Wexford”, pp.32, 75, 215

Anon.: “Society for the Preservation of the Irish Language, Report for 1899”, p. 51

Notes and Queries: pp.54, 123, 171, 235

Grattan Flood, W. H.: “Mediaeval Lismore”, 63, 139

Power, P., Rev.: “A New Ogham – from Tipperary”, p.97

Hogan, E., Rev.: “Interesting Letter, (contributed by)”, p.101

Buckley, M. J. C.: “A Remarkable Restoration in St. Canice’s Cathedral, Kilkenny,After Notes”, p.127

Buckley, M. J. C.: “An Episode of the Emigration from Waterford to Newfoundland in the Early Part of the 19th Century”, p.135

Anon.: “An Episode in Irish History”, p.155

Anon.: “Tracts Illustrative of the Civil War in Ireland of 1641, etc.”, p.159

Anon.: “Some 17th Century Funeral Entries of Waterford Families”, p.165

Grattan Flood, W. H.: “Lismore during the Latter Half of the 15th Century”, p.187

Buckley, Cornelius, Rev.: “Shadow and Sunshine Papers; Story of the R. C. Bishops of Cork, Cloyne and Ross since the Reformation”, p.198

Link to this post:

<a href="http://www.from-ireland.net/archaeological-historical-society-waterford/">The Archaeological and Historical Society, Co. Waterford</a>

Tell your friends about From-Ireland.net!
Email this to someoneShare on Facebook0Tweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+0Share on Tumblr0Pin on Pinterest0