Church of the Holy Rosary, Roman Catholic Church,
Lewis Topographical Dictionary, (1837) tells us “MIDLETON, an incorporated market and post-town, and a parish, in the barony of IMOKILLY, county of CORK, and province of MUNSTER, 13 miles (E.) from Cork, and 137 ½ (S. W.) from Dublin; containing 6599 inhabitants, of which number, 2034 are in the town.”
Also, “In the Roman Catholic divisions the parish is the head of a union or district, comprising also the parishes of Ballyspillane, Inchynebacky, Mogeeshy, and Ballyouteragh; the chapel, near the eastern extremity of the town, is a spacious edifice, and there is also a chapel at Ballintoretis.”
These photographs were taken July 2014. The Church in these photographs was built in 1896.