Roman Catholic Church,
Lewis Topographical Dictionary of Ireland (1837) tells us ” TEMPLEMORE, a market and post-town, and a parish, in the barony of ELIOGARTY,county of TIPPERARY, and province of MUNSTER, 31 miles (N. by W.) from Clonmel, and 65 (S. W.) from Dublin, on the road from Athlone to Cork and on that from Cashel to Roscrea, and near a branch of the river Suir; containing 5218 inhabitants, of which number, 2936 are in the town.”
Also “The Roman Catholic union or district is co-extensive with that of the Established Church, and in each of the parishes is a chapel; that of Templemore is a handsome and capacious building, on a plot of ground given rent-free by the late Sir J. C. Carden. “
These photographs were taken May 2014.