Knocktopher Church of Ireland, Co. Kilkenny

Church of Ireland,
Knocktopher,
Co. Kilkenny,
Ireland.

Lewis topographical Dictionary (1837) tells us “KNOCKTOPHER, a town and parish (formerly a parliamentary borough), in the barony of KNOCKTOPHER, county of KILKENNY, and province of LEINSTER, 10 miles (S.) from Kilkenny, on the road to Waterford; containing 1518 inhabitants, of which number, 475 are in the town.”

Also “The living is a rectory and vicarage, in the diocese of Ossory, united by act, of council, in 1676, to the rectories and vicarages of Kilneddy, Aughaviller, Kiltorkin, Dernahensy, Kilkeril, Kilkeasy, and Donemagan, together forming the union of Knocktopher, in the patronage of the Bishop.”

These photographs were taken Nov 2006.

Link to this post:

<a href="http://www.from-ireland.net/church-coi-knocktopher-kilkenny-ireland/">Knocktopher Church of Ireland, Co. Kilkenny</a>